Search the Site

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ned Yost Whines About Time With Brewers

The Brewers play the Kansas City Royals today at 3:05 CST, reuniting Royals skipper Ned Yost with his former club. In an interview this week he took a swipe at the Brewers and some of its players while discussing his first Spring Training with the Royals. Said Yost: "I have no drama issues. None. I've got no issues with hot dogs, I've got no issues with guys not respecting their teammates ... no issues with selfish players. I've got no issues with lack of hustle. I've got zero issues. It's the way it's supposed to be."

Yost continued: "I've never been in a Spring Training where we take infield every day and half the team's not crying about it. Nobody has said a word--everybody goes out and does their work and does it with a high degree of intensity. It's the best I've ever seen. It's exactly the way Spring Training should be."

Maybe "Nervous Ned" should remember that it's his job to manage his players, including any personality quirks or issues that arise. So far Ron Roenicke has shown that he understands that. He earned praise this week for giving players a say in how much action they see this spring. Sure, some of the Brewers might not be the easiest to manage, but it's the manager's job to make it work.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, please. It's the players jobs to be the professionals they are paid - WAYYY TOO MUCH MONEY - to show up and do their jobs. Good for Yost! Best of luck to him and I'm OVER the Brewrs.

    ReplyDelete